Friday 12 November 2010

Minecraft

Some people may already know about my addiction to this lovely game, but for those who have never heard of it before, here's a short description of an average session:

  • Start new game
  • Find yourself on an island, start chopping down wood
  • Make some tools out of stone
  • Start digging for coal, forget about how much time has passed
  • Come back to the surface, realize it's night
  • CREEPERS, CREEPERS EVERYWHERE
  • Dig hole and sit cowering in it for the rest of the night

Then you do it all again.

No, but it's seriously a great game, with awesome music by C418. It's such a liberating experience, just discovering new areas, building massive and totally unnecessary buldings, and fighting monsters like a real champ.

If you're still not convinced, watch this:

33 comments:

  1. Been playing minecraft for a few weeks with my mates now. It does get a bit repetitive but it is still pretty amazing xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasnt sure if I wanted to get this or not when I get my laptop and on you reccomendation I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man i still havent played minecraft, everyone is talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I'm really gonna have to go out and buy this now, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. man I LOVE mincraft, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. going to deff check out mine craft

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks old but the video is cool xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive heard a lot from Minecraft. I dont know if ill start playing it though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can say this game is one of the most addicting games..but also one with the worst graphic...

    but I think thats it..having fun with the simple things this game is great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meh. Not a big fan of Minecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Minecraft, maybe i'll spend some time on that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. minecraft, never thought it was that interesting you changed my mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's great, I can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there a Minecraft demo you can try out?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zoy, no only the creative mode, but not the survival one I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got this like a week ago, and it was a great decision :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This game's pretty fun to mess around with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait for the game to get to beta

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yea, pretty fricken awesome game.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Minecraft as much as the next guy, but I liked the indev mode more, a shame that Notch only updates infdev, there was something more charming for me in a not infinite world, maybe the map generator was better. Anyway, hope youll talk more about indie games here than shooters like CoD ; )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Corn: I'll try, although the only indie game I play is Minecraft :P I might do an LP or something on it though.

    Never tried indev anyway, are there any other differences than the non-infinite world aspect?

    ReplyDelete